Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Writing About Writing

So the assignment was to write about my history of writing, and I have noticed that up until now I do not write unless I get completely bored or unless it is an assignment! My past with writing is nothing of great interest. I started writing in like Kindergarten, but if you really think about it just about everyone did. You started by learning all about your ABC's and from there your history of writing should have taken off. Mine took off, because I felt like I knew everything once I could spell and make sentences. I remember how I use to sit down and make up all these different stories from animals who could talk to trolls taking princesses away from huge beautiful castles. As I grew up and lost interest in those sorts of things, I felt myself slipping away from writing. Now I only write when I text, email, instant message, take notes, pass notes, or even just write papers that are required for grades. I text, email, and instant message ALL the time and everything else is very different. Other than texting, emailing, and instant messaging, I have no interest in writing. I can hold a conversation on the phone for hours at a time or even in person I could talk a while, but i can never hold good conversations while writing. So keeping up with this blog is going to be a beast, and honestly I do not see myself writing in this blog a lot unless I am told to do so as an assignment.

No comments:

Post a Comment