Thursday, October 29, 2009

Church Discussion over Helping Hands Form

The in class discussion the other day was amazing! Everything that was said is so true. One thing that was said (I think by Marley) was that Church of Christ people push thier religion onto others. From experience, I can say that is true. I was raised Church of Christ and once I got to college and out on my own I began to go to a church that was that was not a Church of Christ. Don't get me wrong, I love all my family and friends that are Church of Christ it just wasn't for me. There would be times when I would want to invite one of my friends to church but I didn't because I didnt want everyone in my church to start bothering them about their rfeligion compared to ours or push them into coming more often if they don't really go to church. I feel there is only so much you can do to encourage someone to come to church or to make them feel welcome enough to come back and I feel that Church of Christ members sometimes push it a little too far. But to end on a good note, the discussion was amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment